The last lesson for this week we went back and watched the two clip about Photoshop and answered questions in pair. Also make sure you take notes of your conversation, to use later. Remember the topic!
Questions to the two Photoshop clips
1st clip Photoshop
* What is your thoughts about Photoshop and how it is used in commercials?
* Would there be any circumstances where it is useful?
* Do we need to look our best everywhere?
* If you could, would you use Photoshop? Why?
2nd clip, Jean Kilbourne
* In what way does advertising tell us who we should be?
* What does Mrs. Kilbourne think advertising tell us about women? How is that? Do you agree?
* What could it do to a little girl, striving to achieve the looks in advertising? Explain how you think.
* If you look at advertising in magazines or on the Internet, do the girls and the women have lines in her face? Why?
* What did Cindy Crawford say about herself? Why?
* What happened to Jessica Alba and Kelly Clarkson and they being in magazines?
* “Slim down your way”, what is that all about?
* Women made part of a video game? Why?
* Mrs. Kilbourne talks about turning human beings into human things. What does Mrs. Kilbourne say happens when one do that? Explain!
* What are your thoughts to what Mrs. Kilbourne says about using parts of the women body?
* What does this do to girls?
* What are your thoughts about the models having anorexia?
* What did Kate Winslet say about herself on a magazine cover?